Monday 20 May 2013

Slow Days














































































































































































Autumn has set in, and so have the slow days.....fast on the knitting, but slow on everything else.  It turns out I've had a low grade virus for a few weeks, which may explain a few things....sleeping a lot and not feeling much enthusiasm for anything else....so I've just tucked myself away, knitting like mad and watching re-runs of favourite DVD's.

I've been cooking up a storm, the big pots and slow cooker have been given a workout....stews, soups and casseroles, and hopefully all this good hearty food may have me ship, shape and shiny before I know it.

I've taken a few slow walks around the hood, a few blocks to the mail box, dropped off a hat parcel or two....and then ambled my way home with crunchy leaves under my feet.

I've been re-visiting some planned colour palettes I had stashed some time ago for a new blanket..... once the current WIP's are completed.  The end of May should see me finish up with the remainder of my hat orders, and then hopefully some "ready to ship" stock should happen in my Etsy store.....then I'll take a break to get those patterns written up....yes they are coming.

No other news around these parts...I think I like Slow Days....



6 comments:

  1. Loving your taste in DVD collections. Have you ever watched the BBC series 'Lark Rise to Candleford'? Another good one to get stuck into while working with the needles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby, that's just a small selection....I must say I haven't watched "Lark Rise to Candleford" but it seems to get mentioned a bit....so it's on the list to buy. V x

      Delete
  2. Fall is always such a nice time of year isn't it? Happy to hear patterns are coming. I refuse to knit anything until I make one of your hats! They are adorable! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Autumn....Yes the patterns will start to filter through around mid August....I think it's only fair that I see out the Australian Winter with little hats, and then get on with those patterns....It'll be like going back to school for me!! V x

      Delete
  3. Hi Vicki, enjoyed looking at your slow days photos. I need to get me some of that! perhaps a wet weekend in sydney may be the catalyst for some slow cooking and dvd watching... I am glad to read you are busy knitting as I am eagerly awaiting your etsy store's reopening. I need more of your hats, they are too cute! I get so many compliments and people wanting to know where I got the little one you knitted for me last year. It now fits my little guy and I love seeing him in it at every opportunity! hope all the tlc and taking things easy has you feeling back on top soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you....I have around 8 to 9 days of orders to finish, then keep an eye out for some stock going into my store....it's just unfortunate that I won't be doing anymore "knit to order" only "ready to ship" stock...so fingers crossed there will be something you like. Kindest, V x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, They are all read and very much appreciated. Except for spam, they're reported to blogger and google+ Vicki x